Monday, March 11, 2013

Seattle


 In August of 2012 I had to go to a conference for work in Seattle.  I thought that this would be a great opportunity for an awesome road trip with the hubster. Shawn was getting ready to start harvest so it was the perfect opportunity for some time away before I wouldn't be seeing much of him.



On the way there we stopped in Boise for the night to spend some time with some of our favorite cousins.  We went to the Idaho State Fair and this was the only picture we took there unfortunately.  This is a 1,000 pound pig! We each paid a dollar to
see him and it was well worth it.




These are some of the grape vines that are along the road in Washington.  It was seriously such a beautiful drive.  I loved it!



This is the gum wall behind Pike's Place Market.  So nasty but it looks pretty cool.
 We went on a fairy ride to go see my good friend Mr. Martini's island and this was our view looking back at Seattle.



Mr. Martini!





We stayed at a very nice hotel where they allowed you to have a companion fish.  Her name was Helen and I miss her.

This was my first room service that I've ever had.  This two scoops of ice cream right there was $9!! What a bargain, right!? ;)


A Shively vacation is not a vacation unless you go to the Cheesecake Factory.  Yum!

Some pictures that got lost somehow are our beach pictures and our visit to the salmon ladders.











It was a great week, I learned a lot at my conference and got to spend some quality time with my favorite guy.  We had a lot of fun, but it was good to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment