Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Vegas

After how this year started we really needed something to look forward to again.  We needed some place that was sunny and would get our minds off of things.  We decided on Vegas since it's the closest warm place to go.  The best part of this trip was that my parents and sister's family could come! My parents have a timeshare that they never use so we cashed out some of their weeks and had a great family vacay. 

Shawn and I got to the condo a day earlier than everyone. My very favorite pod neighbor from work retired last summer so on our way we had to stop by for a quick visit to the Nelson's.  I miss seeing her smiling face everyday so it was great to visit with her for a bit.



Anniversary






















Shawn and I just celebrated our 4th year of marriage.  I can hardly believe it! We went to dinner and then went to see Chris Angel at the Luxor.  That show was amazing! He really is incredible. 




Cute Girls


One day we got the opportunity to babysit my cute little nieces.  It was seriously so much fun, but man I have a new respect for my sister.  Three kids is hard work! The condos we stayed at had a cute 9 hole putting area so we took the kids down there.  Baylee was so funny, she was Shawn's little shadow the whole time. If he didn't get it in the hole, she'd go help him out.  These girls are so much fun, I can't believe how grown up they're getting.









 One of our favorite TV shows is Pawn Stars so what's a trip to Vegas without visiting our favorite pawn shop! Unfortunately Chumlee wasn't there, but it was still fun to go see the place.





 Shark Reef
On our last day together we visited the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.  I was very impressed with it.  They had such a great variety of animals and the aquariums were amazing.  They had a shallow area where you could touch the sting rays.  They were super slimy, but it was fun to do that.





Jellyfish!!





My cute parentals




We all had a really good time and we were lucky enough to have all three of our condos right next to each other.  The only thing I would have changed is Tim and I not feeling well pretty much the whole time.  The poor guy had a bad sore throat and I was lucky enough to experience my first kidney infection.  Ouch! Hopefully that was my last one, they're horrible!! Thank you parents for letting us use your timeshare, you're the best! Love you family!!!

1 comment:

  1. What better way to celebrate our anniversaries than by doing it TOGETHER in VEGAS?! It was so fun being there with you guys. I'm glad we got to come. :)

    ReplyDelete