Monday, March 11, 2013

House remodel part one



 So ever since we moved into this house I've had an itch to change the color! Who in the world paints their house brown and green????  Anyways, I finally got a dose of motivation and called Shawn.  All I asked him was if he liked blue or gray.  The poor guy had no clue what he was getting himself into. 



 These are the before pictures.  Please ignore the lame Halloween decorations and the mess! :) Now here is where the work began.  Shawn was gone for the week working on the farm in Mud Lake so I got to work and started painting.  




 When I first started I was kind of having a heart attack because with the trim still brown the gray looked very nasty purple.  I had to hurry and do these two windows frames white before I continued.  Thank goodness, they went together!
 When Shawn got home from working, I put him right back to work doing touch ups.  This is a great advantage in having a super tall husband!

 After we did the walls we realized how much our poor floors needed to be refinished.  Luckily Shawn's brother Thayne is a pro at all things construction. Him and Shawn worked hard and got it done in a day and a half!


Next step was the entry way.  This was the part I was most excited for.  If anyone follows the blog House of Smiths, her entryway was my inspiration! Here are the before and during pictures. Our good friends the Stigiles helped with the entryway.  P.S. Austin Stigile does AMAZING custom work for a good price if anyone needs help with anything!














 Here are the Final Results!

Entryway

Entry way



Fireplace-I still want to replace the tile here
Living Room
Living Room

Spare Bedroom


1 comment:

  1. Very cute sis!! I love what you've done and I love that Shawn had no idea what was going on till it was too late. What a good guy for helping out...even when he had no choice. :)

    ReplyDelete